Birch Career Center
Feel good about your career. Feel good about yourself.
Join our team of education professionals and enjoy a job that’s as rewarding as it is challenging. Not only will you enable children and adults to live to their fullest potential — you’ll also thrive in Birch’s caring environment, grow professionally, and share in our quest for excellence.
Comprehensive Educational, Residential, and Community Services
Our education programs are designed to benefit our students and their families. We offer support and evaluation services to help parents make informed decisions that insure their children’s success — every step of the way. Our preschool and school-age programs offer services from physical therapy to special education, and are aimed at helping children acquire the skills they need to live life with confidence and dignity.
Our residential and community services include Medicaid Service Coordination, Day Habilitation and Group Residences. Our focus is to help individuals function as independently as they can, and to live active lives in their community. Birch is one of the few agencies in New York City that offers Group Home placements for individuals under 21 years old.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, extensive staff development programs, and opportunities for professional advancement and flexible assignments and scheduling.
We need the following professionals:
- Teachers and Teaching Assistants for Preschool and School-age Programs
- Education Supervisors
- Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapists
- Licensed Ph.D. and School Psychologists
- School Social Workers
- Administrative Professionals
- Direct Care Counselors for Group Homes and Day Habilitation Programs
- Residence Managers, Assistant Managers, and Shift Supervisors
- Qualified Mental Retardation Professionals and Behavior Specialists
- School and Residential Nurses